I am hoping that someone with the newest Dewey can help.  Mine is older and
I don't have access to a new one.  I don't want to start another threat on
dewey placement, but would just like some thought of those of you who enjoy
this kind of puzzle.

I have two new titles in, came with processing.  I am not sure the assigned
Dewey numbers will best foster their use, but also am in a quandry as to
where it would work better.  Both are assigned 001.4 for statistics but I
really would like to put them elsewhere.

The first is  Math and society: reading life in numbers, by Robert Gardner,
 Franklin Watts, 1995
        An overview of the importance of mathematics to society and in
understanding the universe.

I though about putting it in 510 for math, but then it isn't really "pure"
mathematics but is social in content.  However, putting it in the 300s
wouldn't get it used as much by students searching for math.

The second is Means and probabilities: using statistics in science projects
 by Melanie jacobs Krieger, Franklin Watts, 1996.
        An introduction to statistics with emphasis on their use in science
projects.  Explains averages, frequency distribution, range, percentile,
probability, standard deviation, and more.

Again, it is statistics, but I feel it would be better used elsewhere.
Yet, under math doesn't seem as useful as maybe under science fair books,
but it really isn't about science fairs.

Debbie Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School
Wiesbaden Germany
100332.2074@compuserve.com