I would like to request the help of one of our lurking library students.
In return I will answer or help with one of their projects.

I have received my new copy of Information Power and would like to prepare
a presentation for my staff as well as local principals.  For my
presentation I would like to include quotations from the previous standards
books. I have the 1988 Information Power.  Our local professional library
had the 1975 Media Programs District and School and  the 1969 Standards for
school media programs. I am hoping that one of you has access to the older
versions;

Standards for School Library Programs, the 1960 version
School Libraries for Today and Tomorrow, the 1945 version
the 1925 Elementary School Library Standards
the 1920 stands for Secondary school libraries.

I am hoping that one of the library school libraries will have these
publication.

What I would like are quotes from each that would point out both;  how
things have changed, and how things have stayed the same.  For example the
1960 book has under The Media program - a resouce for learning on page 2
"The focus of the media program is on facilitating and improving the
learning process in its new directions - with emphasis on the learner, on
ideas and concepts rather than on isolated facts, and on inquiry rather
than on rote memorization."  The book goes on to line out numbers of books,
filmstrips, floor space etc for a school media program.

If you can help, please contact me directly.

Debbie Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School
Wiesbaden Germany
100332.2074@compuserve.com