--------------3882FFE48CCC973CCCEF3015

Thanks to all who responded to my query re: the Raintree Steck Vaugh
Interactive Science Encyclopedia on CD-ROM.  I have decided to purchase
it and to take advantage of the 45 day preview offer.

Diana Rodriguez
The Children's Institute
Verona, NJ 07044
(973)509-3050

Replies were as follows:
I highly recommend it.  They have an annual supplement to the set.  The
set is ideal for the middle grades, but also quite good for high school
students.
UXL, a div. of Gale, has a CD. I think it's called UXL Science.  I
honestly didn't get to use it much last yr. since my tech guy didn't get

it installed until late.  What I can remember of it, I think it was
good.  But I have used the HS version, Gale DISCovering Science,which is

probably very similar, and like it very much.  I'm not sure, but you may

be able to network it at no extra charge.  You may want to check into
that.
I bought the Raintree Science Encyclopedia because of its very
competitive
price.  It has been very well used at the Grade 8 & 9 levels, though its

content is quite limited.  It is attractive, though does take a little
teaching in its use.  In other words, not terribly user friendly -- at
least thats what my kids at school say.  Nevertheless, at its level it
is
very good & very well used.  My older students prefer the McGraw-Hill
Ency. of Science & Technology, but this is far too advanced for
elementary
students.  It is also pricier.

--------------3882FFE48CCC973CCCEF3015

begin:          vcard
fn:             Luis Rodriguez
n:              ;Luis Rodriguez
org:            Sprague Library/Montclair State University
email;internet: RodriguezL@Mail.Montclair.Edu
title:          Associate Director for Public Services
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard