I am wondering what the State Department of Education's policy might be
regarding libraries being used as "study halls" and librarians being used as
"study hall / study skills teachers" when they should also be performing the
job of LMS?   I seem to remember some statement somewhere regarding this
issue and the fact that librarians in Oklahoma were not to be placed in this
situation.

I am consistently placed with students in study halls (the library) while
trying to conduct library "business" with other classes.  I have tried to
discourage this scheduling by the principal during the school year because
it interferes with regular classes and storytimes; however, I do not have
any document which specifically states that the librarian should not be
placed with this burden.

If you know of any document, policy, or guideline regarding this issue, I
would appreciate your help.  I seem to remember something in a guidelines
book for principals which was shown to me one year by my secondary
principal....I have not been allowed to see it since!  This year I have 20
students to supervise in studyhall throughout the week!!

Thanks In Advance!

Shonda Brisco
LMS
Oklahoma School for the Blind