Dear Colleagues,
        I decided to weed some of my oldest  reference books and I'd like
to know if there is anything more recent to replace Amy Vanderbuilt, Emily
Post, or other major ancient books of this type to place in the reference
section.  Also, has anyone held on to the old Boy Scout Encyclopedia or
handbooks?  Is there a more recent Kane's First Facts to replace an old
edition?  What old references are still worthwhile to hold on to besides
Larousse's Mythology, Dictionary of Folklore, costume books, field guides,
and other topics that don't entirely rely on updating the way atlases and
other books related to medicine, geography, space, etc., need to be?
Moreover, what do you do about holding on to World and Info. Please
almanacs that are coming apart or turning yellow, whether hardback or
paperback? In other words, what's up with weeding one's reference section?
                                        Thanks, Sandy P. in Philly

"It's got to be the going not the gettin' there that's good." Harry Chapin
in song "Take the Greyhound"
"But then, you could go both ways!"  Scarecrow in movie "The Wizard of Oz"

Sandy Pomerantz, Librarian
Central East Middle School
236 E. Wyoming Ave.
Phila., PA 19120