Here's the promised hit!  Thanks for all your help!

Terri Lent
Manassas Park HS/MS
Manassas Park, Va.
tlent@aol.com

Bemelmans, Ludwig.  Madeline.  Viking, 1939.  Gr. k-3 Appendectomy.

Bendick, Jeanne.  Have a Happy Measles, Have Merry Mumps.  McGraw, 1958.  Gr.
k-3 Stories, poems, what to do when ill at home.

Berenstein, Stan. Berenstein Bears Go to the Doctor.  Not sure of Bears exact
title.

Berger, Melvin.  Disease Detectives.  Harper/Cromwell, 1978.  Gr. 5-9.
The work of the Centers for Disease Control.

Berger, Melvin.  Why I Cough, Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn.  Cromwell,
1983.

Blume, Judy.  Deenie.  NY:  Bradbury, 1973.  Gr. 4-6. Scoliosis.

Brandenberg, Franz.  I Wish I Was Sick Too!  Greenwillow, 1976.  Ages 4-6.

Brink, Benjamin.  David's Story. (Lerner Pub - they have a great
series about children with health problems)

Bruna, Dick.  Miffy in the Hospital.  Price Stern, 1976.  Ages 2-4.
 Miffy, a rabbit, goes to the hospital to have her tonsils taken out.

Center for Attitudinal Healing.  Straight from the Siblings: Another Look at
the Rainbow, Written by and for Children Who Have Brothers and Sisters with a
Life-Threatening Illness.  Tiburon, CA: Celestial Arts, 1982.

Center for Attitudinal Healing.  There is a Rainbow behind Every Dark Cloud.
Tiburon, CA: Celestial Arts, Millbrae, CA, 1978.

Chalmers, Mary Eileen.  Come to the Doctor, Harry.  Harper, 1981.  Ages 2-5.
Harry the cat injures his tail in the door, and his mother takes him to the
doctor.

Chase, Francine.  A Visit to the Hospital.  Grosset, l957.  Gr. k-3.
 Tonsillectomy; negative element: injections aren't mentioned.

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.  Margaret's Heart Operation.  Children's
Hospital, pap.  PreK-Gr. 4.

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.  Michael's Heart Test.  Children's
Hospital, Public Relations Dept., 1740 Bainbridge, PA 19146, pap.  Pre-K-Gr.
4.

Ciliotta, Claire & Livingston, Carole. Why am I going to the hospital: a
helpful guide to a new experience. Lyle Stuart, 1991.
ISBN# 0-8184-0316-0.

Collier, James Lincoln.  Danny goes to the Hospital.  Norton, l970.  Gr. k-3.
Surgical correction of strabismus or crossed eyes.

Corcoran, Barbara.  I Am the Universe.  NY:  Atheneum, 1986.  Gr. 5-8.
 Mother with brain tumor.

Cosgrove, Margaret.  Your Hospital, a Modern Miracle.  Dodd, 1962.  Gr. 4-8.
One-page descriptions of various areas of the hospital.

Coy, Harold.  The First Book of Hospitals.  Watts, 1964.  Gr. 4-6.
 Candy Striper of high school age gives an introduction to the hospital
setting.

Davison, Martine.  Robby Visits the Doctor. Random House, 1992
Multi-cultural and has a good amount of text with explanations of medical
equipment.

Davison, Martine.  Maggie and the Emergency Room. Random House, 1992
Multi-cultural and has a good amount of text with explanations of medical
equipment.

Davison, Martine.  Rita goes to the Hospital.  Random House, 1992.
Multi-cultural and has a good amount of text with explanations of medical
equipment.

Dooley, Virginia. "Tubes in my Ears: My Trip to the Hospital" Mondo.
ISBN 1-57255-118-6

Donahue, Parnell, and Capellaro, Helen.  Germs Make Me Sick.  Knopf,
distributed by Random, 1975.  Gr. 4-7.
 Colds, ear infections, stomach problems, measles, chicken pox, and other
common childhood ailments are explained.

Dudley, Nancy.  Linda goes to the Hospital.  Coward, 1953. Gr. k-4.
 Appendectomy

Duncan, Debbie.  When Molly was in the Hospital: A Book for Brothers and
Sisters of Hospitalized Children.  Windsor, CA: Rayve Productions (P.O. Box
726, zip code 95492), 1994.
 Anna's younger sister Molly had to go to the hospital for an operation.  She
tells about the feelings and fears she experienced when her little sister
became ill and had to be hospitalized.