Dear netters,

Thanks very much for responding to my question about how to reduce a document
(especially from the internet) for printing.  Here's what I found out.

Laura Richards
Librarian
Fox River Grove School District 3
Fox River Grove, IL  60021
LERich7@aol.com
-------
I don't know of any way to do exactly what you want. But I may have a solution
for the internet problem anyway.

You don't say what browser you are using and I don't use Internet Explorer. In
Netscape you can set the font size that you see on the screen. The secret is
that that also affects the printed font size as well. If you reduce the font
size you may get the result you are after.
-------
I hope some techie out there knows a better way, but I do it by messing with
font size and margins until Preview makes it look the way I want.
-------
Try this:  In Microsoft Word,  open your document.  Then click on Print
Preview (or choose File/Print Preview).  There is a Shrink To Fit button at
the top.  (2 buttons to the left of Close).  This feature works best with
documents that
contain only a few pages, such as letters and memos. In order to shrink the
document, Word decreases the font size of each font used in the document, but
keeps the original layout and formatting.

You can undo  Shrink to Fit by clicking on Edit then Undo.
-------
Laura, while I'm certainly no expert and NO, a windows OS won't do that kind
of reduction, why can't you just decrease the size of the font. Twelve is
default. Highlight everything and change the point size downward until you're
satisfied. Will that work for you? Makes sense if you're just working with a
text document.

With a page off the 'net, I know that won't work.  Let us know what kind of
sugestions you get, okay?
-------