 Hi All, For the last two years, our Foreign Language classes
were involved in a telecommunications project with other high
schools telecommunications a result of a grant program. The funds
for the grant have dried up and the organizing school is now
planning on charging for this service. As the results last year were
very mediocre to poor (some kids received no mail or were paired
with kids from our own school), our teachers would like to try
something else. As there have been many postings for keypals
from other libraries on LM_NET, I thought I would give it a try. We
have two French teachers who teach French 1 thru postings. They
keypals like to have French 2 thru 4 start on this project after
school begins in Aug. French 1 would start in January at the
end of thru 1. (There is also a possibility that our Spanish
teacher thru also want to do this, but she is in Latin America
for the summer and do not wish to speak for her at this time.
 We have three French 2 classes for a total of 60 students; three
French 4 classes for a total of 60 students; and 2 French 4 classes
for approx. 35 students. What the teachers would like to do is
to have students e-mail in French to other French students or
native speakers once every 2 weeks. They would prefer students
from a French speaking country, but would consider working with
students and teachers from a U.S. school. Our high school is
approximately 1200 approx and we have German, Spanish, Latin
and French in our Foreign Language program.  If you would like
more information about our school or program, please contact
me personally. I will be glad to answer what questions you may have
or put you in contact with our French teachers. It has been very exciting
to have these students coming into the LMC Computer Lab to work on
this project the last 2 years and we would like to be able to
keep it going in whatever format available. Thanks in advance
for whatever assistance you can give us.

Richard Brulotte
L.M.C. Director
Hayes High School
289 Euclid Avenue