After I read the first few replies to my original message, I realized that some
parts of my message were not very clear.
  The main thing that I wanted to clarify is that I am at a year round school.
The teachers started on July 12th and the students started on Monday.  So I have
teachers that want answers right away.  (I promised to get back to them by the
end of the week.)
  Last year, my schedule was actually a combination of fixed and flexible
scheduling.  I had classes almost constantly from Monday afternoon until the end
of school on Wednesday.  Monday morning and Thursdays and Fridays were used for
flexible access (as one person called it) and for processing of new materials.
  Also, I plan to work with the teachers during their planning time to
colloborate our lessons together.  I'm planning to meet with first grade today.
  Once again, I agree with one of the replies that if I give in to their
requests now, I am defeating the purpose for which flexible access exists.
   Thank you again for all of your help.

Vicki Asper
Media Coordinator
Rockfish Hoke Elementary School