Hello again!
        I have another item I need your advice on. I am expecting my first baby and
she is due on
11/29. My husband and I currently plan for me to take a maternity leave from when
the baby is
born until the week before my spring break (second week in April). After that, he
will take 5
weeks off to be a "Mr. Mom" so we can get through the school year without needing
childcare. I
will then be with the baby for the summer and will need to find a caregiver for
August 2000 and
after.
        What I would like is any advice to make my leave go smoothly- I am at a new
school and
spent a lot of this past summer trying to get the collection into shape and fix
inventory
errors, etc. There are a lot of items missing from the past. What can I do to help
ensure that
things don't go back to a mess while I'm out? For those of you who have taken
longer leaves, did
you write out sub plans for the whole time you were out?
        Also, any suggestions about childcare? What type do you feel is best? Pros?
Cons? Etc. I
would like to be a stay-at-home mom, but unfortunately, we can't afford to do that
long term. I
want to do what is best for our situation. We are very excited about the baby and
are looking
forward to meeting her in person! :-)
        Thank you all again for your help! I've missed you while I've been on
nomail!
        -Bertie Davis, Media Coordinator
        Hillandale Elementary
        2730 Hillandale Road