    Thanks to all the people who replied directly to me or to the entire
list on the question of companies which call and say they've sent videos for
preview.  I did not get an answer on whether American Institute for
Education is a new alias for Educational Distributors of America, aka
Library Distributors of America.  There is broad agreement that they operate
in much the same way.
    We are also agreed that we need not return, much less pay for,
merchandise that is sent without our permission.  Telling a secretary
they're sending material for preview does not constitute getting permission.
If one has a chance to tell them that the videos will be considered a gift,
that seems to arrest the process, but several people, like me, were not
contacted directly by the company.
    I'm not sending their videos back this time--I think being nice last
time only encouraged them.  When we want to order videos, we have a choice
of several reputable video distributors offering good prices and quick service.
    Cindy
Cindy Carr, Librarian     Cleveland [Okla.] H.S.
e-mail: (home)wccarr@ionet.net (school)cleve24@edumaster.net
http://www.cleveland.k12.ok.us