--------------83D2078EA7050ADCEE0514FF

Gordon,
Hi!  I agree that it is professional to feel passionate about your work and
fight back when someone is wrongfully attacking the profession.  I don't
agree that the method you're proposing is the best way to go about it.  I
sent Dr. Laura a letter 2 weeks ago stating my position and requesting that
she check facts before misaligning librarians.  Unfortunately, she is also
getting letters of support from librarians who do not agree with ALA. I
don't agree with all of ALA's positions but I did feel the need to defend
them, especially on this matter.  That's why I chose to write a very
dignified and courteous letter. However, the response just pointed out the
"Alice" site again.  Dr. Laura is already accusing ALA of "jamming up her
phone lines".  Why give her more ammunition by increasing the amount of
fake calls.
Just my opinion.
Mary J. Soucie

--
Mary J. Soucie
Youth Services Consultant

begin:          vcard
fn:             Mary J.  Soucie
n:              Soucie;Mary J.
org:            Heritage Trail Library System
email;internet: mjsoucie@htls.lib.il.us
title:          Youth Services Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard