Colleagues:

I wrote a month or so back attaching a proposed school-wide bibliography
format which I'd created in order to encourage teachers to teach their
Middle School kids the basic skill of properly crediting sources.  I'd
been finding that, with the increasing complexity and variety of
information sources and their methods of delivery, teachers had been
shying away from teaching students how to construct a basic bibliography
because on-line resources had changed the game quite drastically.  Being
of the school of thought that it is more important than ever for kids to
know where their info sources are coming from and to give the authors
credit, I put together a format that attempts to address all souces in
four simple variations.

Our middle school has since adopted the format for school-wide use and,
since the original posting was in word and could not be opened by many,
I offer it to you now via our web site.  You'll find it in the LIBRARY
portion of the page.  I invite you to look at it, criticize it, adopt
it, adapt it, etc.

look for it at:

HTTP://hps.k12.mi.us/~hwms

Jeffrey Hastings