To all you tech experts:
I posted this request last week, but got no response.  Because this was
very unusual and because of the problems I have been having with
Netscape Communicator, I thought that perhaps it had never been posted.
So I am trying again.  Anyone have a solution?

Recently, every time I would do a search with Navigator 3.0 my cursor
would freeze and I would have to restart my computer.  The weird thing
was I could send & receive email, but as soon as I would go on the 'net
it would freeze.  This would not happen if I searched with Explorer,
only Navigator.  My tech director suggested that I install Communicator
4.5 which I did.  This searches fine.  Somehow (I'm not sure how), I was

able to transfer my address book and my bookmarks from Navigator to
Communicator, but can't figure out how to transfer the messages from my
Inbox.  I have many valuable messages from lm_net and others that I have

in there and refer to often.  I have tried everything I can think
of--saving all these messages to a folder and then trying to paste it
into Messenger; going to My Computer and opening up the Mail file and
saving it to a floppy and even to the hard drive.  In Messenger, I then
went
to File-Import and was given a list of choices to transfer the address
book and mail.  None seem to be what I want (Communicator, Eudora,
etc.), but I have tried a few of them several times, but it seems to be
just copying my address book, which I already have done.  I also am now
receiving email on both Navigator and Communicator, but they are not
duplicate messages! Why is this happening? Can someone please help me
transfer the messages from my inbox in Navigator to that in Communicator

so that I can eventually delete Navigator?  Ideally, I would also like
to transfer my Sent files, too.  I have been working on this for hours,
but I seem to just be messing up other things.  I am running a Gateway
2000 on Windows 95.  Help!

--
Lois Tabis, Librarian
Sharpsville HS, Sharpsville, PA