Hello!

Things are really hopping for The Read In! We are still in the running for
the Webbie Award (like the Emmies for the Internet!); just had our fourth
successful monthly author chat with illlustrator/author Guy Gilchrist (The
Muppets comics, Nancy comics) using The Palace visual software; just awarded
our 100th minigrant to publish a class set of thirty student anthologies; and
passed the 80,000+ benchmark of registered participants!

Just to remind you that we accept registrations through an on-going, year
round process. Please register early...this year we have so many new
opportunities for you and your students...We are offering a $500 and a $250
cash prize for first and second place in the "Best" Community Based Literacy
Project...third place is a set of autographed Read In! author books!...and,
we will soon be hosting a fun event:

An Author/Celebrity eBay Auction!

We have asked for and are daily receiving autographed cards, books, and items
from a myriad of celebrities to auction through eBay to raise funds to keep
all the Read In! events free...We hope you will join in the fun...In just one
week, we have received autographed tshirts and sweatshirts from Daniel Hayes,
a special treat from Ed Emberley ;-))), an autographed notecard from Lloyd
Alexander, and 50 signed cartoon strips from Guy Gilchrist, to name but a
few...However, we also sent out letters to celebrities in all areas...sports,
astronauts, authors, tv and radio personalities...This should be exciting and
fun! More details as the date approaches!

Please register to join in the year round Read In! fun and begin receiving
the twice monthly newsletter! Remember, ALL software is free, all events are
free...we want kids READING!...Our great authors all donate their time and
this year we have a stellar line up!

SPECIAL NOTE: We HAVE worked out those annoying "parts and joins" so that
your computer will NOT be bogged down with all of the connections when you
log onto the servers--(Last year, in an effort to create a "fix" to all of
those 'parts and joins' of people entering the rooms, the software developer
made it WORSE!--What was an annoyance in years past, became a real problem
for Mac users last year!) We are pleased to once again be able to offer you a
seamless day! We are proud of The Read In! and are constantly trying out new
software and "fixes" to make this new technology do what we NEED it to
do..connect as many of you as possible to our fine list of Australian,
English, Canadian, and American authors!

Remember, register at:

www.thereadin.org

Sincerely,

Jane ;-)
Jane Coffey
Director/Founder
The Read In!
http://www.readin.org

Where will YOU be on May 11, 2000? Over 80,000 participants will be joining
us to celebrate reading! Won't YOU join us?!