Hi,  Folks.

I have attached the responses for all to read.

To address a couple of questions.

1.  Proquest bought ELibrary.
2.  SiteBuilder is something that Proquest started about a year ago.  It
allows you to build what I call in a sense 'virtual lessons; that others
in your schools/district can utilize.

There is an example of it at

www.infohio.org/er/SiteBuilder_samples.htm

Lori K Joffe
Librarian
Bensalem High School Library
Bensalem, PA

lkjof@icdc.com

215-750-2800

Now the responses...  Thanks again to all.
We have been using ProQuest for three years. Our schools access it
through
The web. It is wonderful. Make sure you get the version you need. We
have the
elementary as well as the more general.
Sitebuilder was demonstrated at ALA. I also attended a focus group in
Ann
Arbor on site builder. It works if all schools have Proquest and canlink
to the
sites. It is wonderful to be able to anticipate student's assignments,
and to have them able to
access the info themselves. Serendipity is sometimes present and they go
off and learn more
than they ever dreamed about a topic they did not think they cared
about.
Teachers can find this helpful in group and disciple co-planning.
They can also find out what is really available.
I think you will like it.

I am a high school librarian. We have Proquest and use it
constantly. It is easy to use and the tech services people are great.

New York State library systems were able to negotiate a great
price for Proquest. You should have your state library systems
attempt the same deal.

The high school LMC is using Proquest for the first time.  The librarian

that I replaced had ordered it over the summer because he felt that
students were geared more to using the computer than Readers' Guide to
Perioodical Literature or pulling microfiche after searching NewsBank on

the computer.  He wanted a database that presented the full text for the

majority of articles.  The price of the silver package was around $5000
and
anyone in the school could access it anywhere - not just the library.
Not
only that but it could be accessed by students and staff from home.  The

students really haven't had the chance to use it much since school has
only
been in session for 5 weeks and not research projects have been
assigned.
I have heard many positive things about Electric Library and you may
want
to look in to that for another possibility.

We just got PtoQuest online this year (used CD version before) and I
think
it is going to be great.  How do you like ELibrary?  What is
Chadwyck-Healey's?
BTW I'm a ninth grade campus.

I am a ProQuest user and have been for 8 years.  Their service is
excellent. Before you purchase, I recommend the free trial period (30
days).  Let your faculty and students see how they like it.  I chose the

Humanities class in my school to complete a written survey.  I used
questions dealing with ease of use, problems encountered, etc.  At the
same
time I also had two other products for a free trial period, Ebsco and
InfoTrac.  Try them all. Are you purchasing the CD product or online
service? There is a difference. I prefer the online service; but if you
do
not have several Internet access stations, it is difficult.
I have a question for you.  What is SiteBuilder? E-mail at the address
below.

Our district has been testing Proquest for a while and I love it.  We
have it at all grade levels and it has a world of information.  I like
the
fact that it has professional periodicals and not just the usual
Time/Newsweek, etc.  I know they have had a few problems technically,
but I
think those have been worked out.  Good luck.