Dear Friends,
The following lines are excerpts from a paper turned in by a middle school boy
as his own work:

   "The smell of breakfast cooking comes on the    same breeze that begins to
dry the dew that          sparkles like diamonds scattered across the land.
    Could anything be more beautiful?  After     breakfast, I went out to the
new acreage we     purchased from Dame Foust, the widow of the     Dutch
farmer who came here from Pennsylvania.      The purchase was a bargain and
the field hands     have been busy cutting trees and burning stumps     since
the Sabbath but do not appear to have made     any inroads into the thick oak
trees that will     produce enough lumber to build the new     Courthouse near
Isaac Hunter's Tavern.  The local     Commissioners have agreed to pay a sum
for the     lumber that will more than make up my payment     for the land
itself.  I spoke with Jonas, the     foreman, and bargained that he and all
the hands     could take three days rest and receive a dollar     gold piece
and two chickens each if they could     have the logs cut and stacked by the
plank road         before the end of next week."

If this "rings a bell" with you or if you have suggestions as to where we
might look for the original please respond to:
Judy Bright
Media Coordinator
Durant Road Middle School
10401 Durant Road