District 7's fall meeting will be held on October 15 and 16. Your
registration flyer should arrive very soon, but in the meantime, please
visit the TLA website for further information:

http://www.txla.org   click on organization, then districts, then fall
meeting, then District 7

We are hoping to see many of you at this year's fall meeting.

If you are interested in serving District 7 as chair for 2000 (which is
a 2 year position for a public librarian) chair-elect (which is a 3 year
position for a college librarian, ) secretary or treasurer, please reply
to me.

The commitment for each office involves attending a monthly meeting,
attending the annual conference in Houston next April, and attending
TLA's annual assembly in July in Austin. (all at your own expense)

If you would like to nominate an officer for one of the offices, please
contact me.
If you are willing to serve on or chair the nominating committee for
these offices, please contact me.

Serving on District 7's executive board is a great way to learn about
how TLA functions and also to meet other librarians. My past two years
have been both interesting and  rewarding, and I will be happy to answer
any questions you have about either the fall meeting or becoming an
officer. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon about the
executive board positions. I will also look forward to seeing you on
October 15 and 16 at the fall meeting. Thank you for your support of TLA
and District 7!

Marcia Garman Zorn
District 7 Chair
Librarian