For people that requested a hit about printer software that will limit
printing:

I received one response that suggested a site that sells software that will
limit printing and actually do a lot of other things for your printer;
however, it costs around $400.  It is at:

www.pcounter.com

Several people suggested that Novell should allow us to limit print jobs
over a certain size, but our tech says we can't limit jobs smaller that 3KB.

A couple of people suggested keeping the printer behind the circ desk,
which I have also considered.   They said it helped cut down on unnecessary
printing a lot.  I have taken the paper out of our printer or removed the
toner cartridge for a period, especially seminar when there are a lot of
students in the lab that aren't being supervised by a teacher, and letting
them print at the end of the hour.  You can check the print cues and delete
duplicate print jobs, print jobs that come from Netscape, etc.

Someone suggested adding a footer with the number of the compute and the
time and date to the Word template, which I have done.  That has been
helpful to me, because I can see immediately who has printed.

Hope this helps someone.

Holly

Holly Tesar, Librarian
Excelsior Springs High School