Dear LM_Netters:

I am writing to update you on the status of the resolutions making their
way through the US Congress to proclaim May 25, 2000 as a Day of Honor
for all those minority military men and women who helped secure our
freedom during WWII. The resolutions now have 41 Senators and 71
Representatives signed on. There still hasn't been support from AZ, CO,
IA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MN, NC, NH, UT, WV, WY and Puerto Rico.

If you are from any of these states and want to learn more about this
Day of Honor Project, and more importantly would like to introduce it to
your teachers and students as a lesson in how the legislature works,
please check out my webpage at:

http://www.dayofhonor2000.org/Education.html

If you are from one of the other states, you might like to look and see
who in your state still hasn't joined the band wagon.

You will learn all sorts of interesting facts about the contributions of
the various minorities who fought on foreign soil for the freedoms that
many were denied at home. You will find wonderful sites that tell you
all about your own Congressmen and how you can easily contact them to
voice your support for these resolutions or any legislation that might
interest you. You will even find the appropriate way to write to
him/her. One link will even direct you to what is currently happening in
this session of Congress.

I encourage you to at least visit the site so that you can bookmark some
of these terrific sites for future reference. It has been a fun project
that I have taken up since my 'retirement' and I would love to share it
with all of you.

Enjoy - and thanks for taking a look:-)

--
Jody Newman