--part1_96.cfd825c.27600e5f_boundary

Here's my hit about student loans for teachers of special education!  Thanks=
=20
for all your help!

My husband has a perkins loan which he does not have to pay while he is=20
teaching
special ed.=A0 I don't know how to initiate a loan like that.=A0 We just fil=
ed for
an exemptiona after the fact.

--------------

Have you checked with your State Dept of Education?=A0 Here in Alaska, there
are some student loans that can be forgiven if you stay in the state to
teach or teach in a rural area.=A0 I don't know exactly what the guidelines
are at this moment, because they change the rules from time to time, but
there may be something similar in other states.

-------------

Try some of these links for more information on loans for teachers that may
be forgiven.

http://www.ed.gov/offices/OSFAP/Students/repayment/teachers/dlffel.html

http://www.ed.gov/offices/OSFAP/Students/repayment/teachers/search_t00.html

http://www.finaid.org/loans/forgiveness.phtml

------------------

is she elegible for the state ones for special education that are
available here in the commonwealth of va ?=A0 They are scholarships not
student loans - and for here you now get a degree on the master's level
- so she may be elegible - look on the dept f education website for more
info=20

--------------

Terri Lent
Librarian
Manassas Park HS
Manassas Park, Va.
tlent@aol.com

--part1_96.cfd825c.27600e5f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>Here's my hit about stude=
nt loans for teachers of special education! &nbsp;Thanks <BR>for all your he=
lp!
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>My husband has a perkins loan which he does not have to pay while he is=20=
<BR>teaching
<BR>special ed.=A0 I don't know how to initiate a loan like that.=A0 We just=
 filed for
<BR>an exemptiona after the fact.
<BR>
<BR>--------------
<BR>
<BR>Have you checked with your State Dept of Education?=A0 Here in Alaska, t=
here
<BR>are some student loans that can be forgiven if you stay in the state to
<BR>teach or teach in a rural area.=A0 I don't know exactly what the guideli=
nes
<BR>are at this moment, because they change the rules from time to time, but
<BR>there may be something similar in other states.
<BR>
<BR>-------------
<BR>
<BR>Try some of these links for more information on loans for teachers that=20=
may
<BR>be forgiven.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ed.gov/offices/OSFAP/Students/repayment/teachers/dlffel.html
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ed.gov/offices/OSFAP/Students/repayment/teachers/search_t00.h=
tml
<BR>
<BR>http://www.finaid.org/loans/forgiveness.phtml
<BR>
<BR>------------------
<BR>
<BR>is she elegible for the state ones for special education that are
<BR>available here in the commonwealth of va ?=A0 They are scholarships not
<BR>student loans - and for here you now get a degree on the master's level
<BR>- so she may be elegible - look on the dept f education website for more
<BR>info=20
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>