'Tis the season and all that...but it's also the season for a good sale.  I
hate to slam Troll (more fuel in the Scholastic vs. Troll controversy) but
this time they truly deserve it.

Troll advertised a warehouse here in San Antonio, 50% off all merchandise in
the warehouse.  The flyer I received at school was full of inaccuracies.
The map listed the warehouse in a place that did not exist, on a street that
did not exist.  The local phone number given did not work.  When I called
the "1-800" number, the woman (in New Jersey) apologized and said that the
warehouse was somewhere else and that the map was wrong...duh! She assured
me the sale was going on at the new location that she gave me.

After traveling another 30 minutes, crossing San Antonio in rainy cold
weather, the warehouse at the address given was deserted.  No Troll signs,
no Troll trucks, no sign that this was the place.  So I called the poor
woman in New Jersey and she gives me a cell phone number for male Troll
employee at the warehouse. Guess what?  Left a voice message and he has yet
to call me back (this is now 4 hours later).

Has anyone ever gone to a Troll warehouse sale and been successful in
finding it?  If anyone here in the San Antonio/South Central Texas area
finds the sale before the end of the week, please post and let me know.

When Scholastic had their warehouse sale, the road was clearly marked and I
had fun finding bargains all over the warehouse.  Too bad Troll just
reinforced my bad impression of them.

TIA for letting me vent my frustration!

Linda Villarreal
Librarian