Thank you all you automation users! I hope to hear from more you as the
holidays end.  Happy New Year!

Follett vs. Athena

No Follet experience but Athena and the Palm with remote check out works
well when the computers are down.

I am in the process of making a choice between Follett and Concourse
(Rediker) but am not as confident about the Concourse system for many
reasons. Do you have any knowledge of the Concourse system? This system was"
chosen" for me because Rediker  Systems installed Grade Quick and
administrative software at our school

I have had both systems.  I am at a school with Follett now.  I would much
prefer Athena.  It is much more intuitive and easy to operate.  Just my
opinion.

I have used Columbia extensively, Follett somewhat and am now on Athena.
Personally I find Athena very quirky. For instance, you can use a touch
screen for check out but the pictures are very small and there is a special
something the
CD producer has to do with the picture each year so it will over ride the
last years.

In checking in, Athena has its own rhythm. I have never had so many books
put back on the shelf that didn't get checked in. I do all the checking in
and I am not that inept!  Athena maintains it is a user problem but over
half the school in our county responded as having the same problem when I
asked.

I had a terrific tech when I was using Follet who did most of the computer
work.

Personally I'd rank them Columbia, Follet and Athena.

Marilyn Chapman
Shaffer Elem School
Litchfield, CA
msuechapman@excite.com