My thanks to this awesome group for the prompt help on my CD security
problem.
Here are the suggestions I received:

>From Brig McCoy brigc@wichita.lib.ks.us  :

I've been real happy with the CD-ROM locks we got through BCR in
Colorado... <http://www.bcr.org/~ids/CD-ROM/cd-lock.html ... the only
problem is that you have to make sure you've got it really, really straight
before you attach it. :)
>From Patty Leidhecker of Brodart

Brodart has something on page 323 of our 2000 catalog that may suit your
needs.  Please phone or e-mail me if you would like further information,
need a catalog or I could fax the page to you.

Thank you
Patty Leidhecker
Director of Product Management
Brodart Co.
Phone:1-800-233-8467 Ext. 4385
Fax: 1-570-769-5115
E-Mail: pattyleidhecker@brodart.com
Visit us on the web at http://www.brodart.com
>From Judith Schaffner, librarian
    I.S. 218 -- NYC
    jschaffner@igc.org

Yes, I have them on all my PC's.They have prevented theft. I got them
through the Brodart supply catalog (about $35ea). Previously, I used
Highsmith, but in the
last catalog I did not see them listed. I found it in Brodart. There are two
types. I like the little one that only blocks the actual drive without
having
to figure out where is the best place on the computer to glue it. However,
it
does not allow you to remove the key when it is in the unlock position,
which
could be a problem at some point.
    If you get the big ones (you'll see what I mean when you see the
catalog),
be sure and install it close in to the drive. A CD was actually stolen out
of
my drive with the lock in place because I didn't glue it in close enough.
    I do not switch disks, but leave a CD locked in the drive and that
workstation is the designated source for that resource. This is only a
problem
with multidisk reference sources, which I try and avoid.
Thanks again for your help!

Estelle Oyler, LMS
Longleaf Elementary School
Melbourne, FL