Hello, and thanks to all who responded.

My question, for those who missed it:

Ok, here's a silly question: How are you putting a book cover on Monster? I
got that title and one on the year 1000 with non-book-sized jackets. I want
to put them on, but I'm trying to decide how? Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks!

I was asked to post a hit, so here it is:

Grrr..  I wish the publishers would STOP doing these innovative little
tricks.  It's not a silly question, Kim, though I can understand you might
feel that way asking it....  Maybe HarperCollins is listening -- I hope so.
They publish wonderful books, but these gimmicks are a darned nuisance.
Here's what I did, feeling silly doing it but not wanting to lose the
jacket:  I took the paper liner off a plastic book cover, wrapped it around
the book, and taped it the way I usually do. It means the tape is sricking
to the hard cover, not the best thing to do, and shows a bit -- but the
finished product looks pretty good. I wonder -- people who pay for
shelf-ready books, what do they get???

We used our smallest covers and just covered the "jacket."  It looks really
nice.  The only problem was taping the darn thing!  We taped the bottom as
we always do, then we taped the top to the inside of the book.

We just covered the half sheet and are hoping for the best.

I am not familiar with the specific title, but when I get a book that I can
not use a standard cover on the jacket I have just laminated the book jacket
itself and taped it in place.  Might be a solution for you.

I got that book a couple of weeks ago and had the same problem.  I took the
mylar jacket off and replaced it with a full-sized one.  That way I can keep
the artwork and it won't be pulled/yanked off.  It is working great!

Our public library put the Monster jacket on with the cover at the bottom
edge of the book.  Probably protects it more there.

I laminate odd sized book covers, then tape them on as usual. Admittedly
they are stiffer, but sometimes that's the best you can do.

Good luck with this and other odd sized covers! Thanks again to everyone who
offered suggestions. One person even suggested that my Kennedy quote (below)
was appropriate to the question posed, which I thought as well as I was
sending the original post. :)

Kim

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics
whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can
dream of things that never were."
--John F. Kennedy

Kimberly A. Ault, Librarian
Lewisburg Area High School
815 Market Street
Lewisburg, PA 17837
ault_k@mail.dragon.k12.pa.us

opinions are, of course, mine, all mine, and nobody else's ;-)
. . . I mean  . . .  and may not reflect those of my employer