Date:    Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:06:28 EST
From:    Jan McGee <JMcgee8038@AOL.COM>
Subject: Subject:  TECH: MAC problem

I'm having a Mac problem that I hope someone can help me with.  I've
been
running Microsoft 4.0 on my computers for several years without
problems.
Recently, I purchased a few copies Office '98 for Macintosh so that I
could
use Powerpoint.  I've had no problems running both programs on my Mac at

home.  But at school, on my demonstration computer, I suddenly found
that I
couldn't open either program.  I received a message that said, "Not
enough
memory to run with Microsoft OLE.  Trying quitting other applications."
I've
gone to the preferences folder and tried turning off anything that said
"OLE."  A friend suggested that I reinstall the programs, so I
reinstalled
Office '98 and it will open and work.  I also reinstalled Microsoft 4.0,
but
I still get the OLE message.  I've also started getting the OLE message
on
another computer on my network.  I really need the Microsoft 4.0 because
we
have a site license for it.  My teachers need to be able to come in a
pop a
disk into any computer to print or get help or allow a student to work
on
something.  Any suggestions?

Jan McGee, LMS
Mitchell Elementary School