Thank you to all of you who so graciously sent me your information to send to
Scholastic. I want you all to know that I am sitting here crying as I type: I
had over 700 responses within 24 hours!!!!...It means a great deal to me
personally to see this kind of response. We must be doing something right!

So often people have told me to go "commercial" and make money with this
"great idea", but I rather like being nonprofit and able to speak from my own
heart, not through a corporation pr person...

So, speaking from my heart: Thank you. When Peter (and Mike!) and I decided
to partner, we did so knowing that we all wanted only the best for each
other. I have been a proud member of this listserv for many years and have
made some outstandingly loving, caring friends. Thank you all for your
support.

I promise you I am doing all I can to get Ms. Rowling. Last year, I even had
a good friend of HERS appeal to her, to no avail. She seems quite overwhelmed
with her "celebrity" and with having to produce a new book each year...So,
although this is a long shot, it was worth a try...If this doesn't work, I
will try something else...although I have a feeling I cannot get much higher
in the chain of command!

Again, thank you...all email addresses and school addresses were removed
before I compiled the list...Boy, do SOME people get a vacation in the
summer?? Seems like I am always working...must be love! ;-) LOL

Back to school for the new year starting tomorrow...

Sincerely and with great affection...
Jane
The Read In!
http://www.readin.org