Hi Everyone!
     This is my first post after lurking and answering a few responses
when I could .  I want to thank all of you
for the wonderful lessons and ideas that you have provided.  I just
completed my first year back in a brand new
 K-6  school library after ten years at home raising my children. This
coming school year which begins on July 24th (we are a year round
school),  we will be adding the seventh grade and next year the eighth
grade.
     Let me give you more information about this school.  We are a Magnet
School specializing in the Fine Arts.
     My situation is that with the addition of the middle school grades,
I have been informed that the seventh graders
will have ninety minutes twice a week to attend classes of their choice.
They can choose art, drama, music, computers, (which is separate from the
library) p.e. or the media center.  All of the special area teachers have
to plan a different program for each nine week session.  I really feel
challenged to find an activity that the students will choose when they
have so many choices.   This will be our first year using the Internet
and Electronic Resources.
     I've been thinking about doing something with photography,  and
maybe some basic quilting.  If you have any
ideas of lesson plans that you think middle schoolers would enjoy please
let me know.
      Thanks so Much!

     Donna Zegerson
     LMS  Morris K. Udall Escuela de las  Belles Artes
     Phoenix, Arizona
     donna.zegerson@juno.com