To all--
If tired of New Librarian thread---then delete.  If not, read on.

I still think that the point several have made in stating (or lack of
stating) that they have searched the archives and only find questions or
not much information, is that VERY FEW HITS ARE POSTED.  Part of this
message is from the responses that have been emailed directly to my
earilier post.

The person requesting the information receives the information, but does
that pass the responses, as a complied whole, to the group.  Several
times I have replied to someone asking to post a hit because I would be
interested in the answer also.  Rarely do I ever see one posted (on the
ones I have implied an interest).    *This is the main reason that I made
the suggestion that more answers be posted to the group.  Remember, one
of the ettiquite rules is: reply to the group if it is something that
would be of interest to the group.  And a reminder is:  Check all of the

I think this above means that we can share more answers  (all be it short
and to the point) without the group feeling imposed upon with receiving
several answers.  (Isn't this already happening with the Bridges,
favorite books, and HP?)   I find the different opinions and ways of
expressing information insightful.  It gives me additional viewpoints to
consider.  I can always delete or fast forward over the info if it does
not apply to my situation.  (ie:  anything that has to do with Middle or
High School, for myself).

JaKay Greer, Teacher-Librarian
Powell Valley Grade School K-5
Kelly Creek Elementary School K-5