Apparently some of you are really upset because I sent a reply to the list
that should have gone to the poster.  So I will publicly apologize.
However, there are some things I don't understand about the private messages
I've gotten:

1)  If I made a habit of inappropriately posting back to the list, I could
understand getting criticism for doing so.  But it's the end of the year,
I'm stressed, and this one time I accidentally hit the wrong button.  I
don't understand why we can't cut each other some slack when we make
mistakes.  Yes, I know better.  I've been around LM_NET for about 8 years
now (I'm also a part of 4 other listservs).  I knew immediately what I'd
done when it appeared on the list.  But I figured it was better to let it go
than to clutter mailboxes until I received messages asking me not to post to
the list in the future.

2)  Isn't it the job of the Hospitality Committee to remind people when
they're doing something wrong, not individual members?  I'd have understood
getting a message from one of them, but I'm perplexed otherwise.

This makes me feel unwelcome on the list when I thought we were working on
building a supportive community.  So my request is to think twice before
sending someone a criticism of their posting mistakes.  Most of them
probably know what they did.  Do you really want to alienate that person?

Thank  you,
Julie

Julie Anderson, Librarian
Liberty High School, a National Blue Ribbon School
Renton, WA
(425) 837-4901     andersonj@issaquah.wednet.edu