Hello everyone!

I love LM NET! It has been so helpful these past couple of months.  I want
to thank everyone who responded to my question about state books and world
book.  I received so many responses I decided to poll the votes for best
state books.

From Sea To Shining Sea from Children's Press seemed to be the most popular.
  These books are being used with 4-6th grade and it was also mentioned that
it was used with children who had low reading levels.

America The Beautiful also by Children's press is also very popular.  It has
142 pages and seems to be for upper elementary students. I think it is more
diificult than From Sea To Shining Sea.

The Hello USA from Lerner is liked by some people.  It was said to be easy
to use and teachers like it.  3rd and 4th grade

Portrait of America by Steck Vaughn was recommended by a few people.  It was
said children with low reading levels like to use this book.

One Nation from Capstone was used by a couple of people.  4th grade students
with low reading levels worked well with this series.

Enchantment of America and Enchantment of the World by Childrens Press was
also recommended.  These sets are used with grades 4-8th.

As for World Book, almost everyone recommended going to world Book's web
site. I should have mentioned that I did that and sent an e-mail but got no
response.  One person gave me this number-1-800-975-3250. So far this has
been very successful for me.  I spoke to a human being and was given the
name of my rep!

Thanks Again for all of your help.  I have some more thinking to do.  It is
hard to choose, they all sound good. I may have to go with two.

Christine Hatalski
Librarian
Centennial Ave School
Roosevelt, NY