My district is placing an early Literacy Resource Center in every library
in our district.  It will consist of 60 feet of multiple copies of reading
books 6 of each title for teacher to use in Guided Reading.  Our reading
consultant for the district has ordered that they be arranged by title
under the state reading leverls except where the series are leveled by
reading recovery levels already and she want these series kept together.
Titles are to be rubber banded together and put in Princeton Files with the
title of the books placed on the outside of the files.  The library staff
has to put them away when they are returned.  Teachers will be using 120
books every day.  I am trying to come up with some kind of numbering system
that will make the return of the reading books to the correct boxes easy.
I don't want to have to go through 7 to 10 alphabetical lists reading
titles on the outside of the boxes.  Does anyone else out there have a
collection like this they have to manage and have you found any quick and
easy way of keeping it in order?

Dr. Audrey Irene Daigneault
Pleasant Valley Elementary School Library
380 Pleasant Valley Road
Groton, CT 06340
email: adaigneault@groton.k12.ct.us
phone (860) 449-5600 ext.library