This is a real techie question. Hope it makes sense.

I have = Windows NT - networked - using application launcher for delivery
of most network programs. we also have internet predominately using
netscape.

I have a station in my library that is hanging up constantly. I was
installing an update to my library program and could not get the install to
start. The station seems to be trying to run realplayer. I cannot find
anywhere that is it supposed to run realplayer on startup. I have checked
the start up files, program startup files etc.

To stop a program or to log off we press ctl - alt - delete. That brings up
a screen with the options to logout, tasklist, shut down etc. Selecting
Task list  usually allows us to end a task for a program that is not
working. However, realplayer is not listed as a task. At the top is a tab
for processes. By clicking on that tab I could see a list of "processes"
running. The realplayer exe file was listed. By clickining on that file
name, then selecting end process I could free up the machine to continue my
previous request.

My question is: How to I get the station to stop this process before it
begins? Where are the "processes" listed? Is this something I can do or do
I need the network administrator (who of course is busy).

Any help would be appreciated.

Deborah J. Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School
Wiesbaden Germany