Since I posted my request for puzzlemaking software, I have received
several requests for a HIT.  Thanks to all who responded.

Several  people suggested web sites. However, we haven't had an internet
connection since August when they began "updating the lines".  Every month
they tell us "next month." So I'm trying to go another route.  Anyway,
here's what I received.

Expert Software-Crosswords & Word Games.  Cheap!

http://puzzlemaker.school.discovery.com/
I have used this site before.  It was really easy.

I use the programs Crossword Creator and Wordsearch Creator, both produced
by Centron Software Technologies, Inc.  They both run on Windows, are easy
to use, and produce nice puzzles.  They were also, if I remember correctly,
very inexpensive.

I think this site will have an online way to make puzzles.

http://www.netacc.net/~crossdwn/

    I don't know if it is still available, but we use one  called What to
do on Friday Afternoon, which includes crosswords and other  puzzles and
activities.  Ours is MAC, but maybe it comes in Windows  too.

OK.  Nordic Software has two products that appear in many catalogs like
CVC, Education Resources, etc.  They are Wordsearch Studio and Crossword
Studio.

Karen Stevens, Librarian
Valley Elementary School
Bensalem, PA 19020