My question was how to show a Powerpoint presentation over our
Channel One closed circuit. Thanks so much to the following persons
for their advice and recommendations: Susan Baum, Jim Rhodes, Melissa
Davis, Dawne Reed, Corey Hanson, Maribel Garza-Castro, and Lois
Degener.
I have paraphrased most replies and haven't tried any of the
suggestions, but I had so many requests for this same information, I
decided to send them on...

1) If you can show a videotape, convert the digital images to analog
with a converter (Focus, etc.) and run into a video recorder, then
run the videotape.

2) You need a piece of technology to translate the signal. One is
called an "Aver Key." We use something called the Focus L-TV Portable
pro for MAC/PC.

3) Run it through a scan converter into a VCR to make a tape or show
it 'live'. You could also probably use Avid Cinema and send the video
out to a VCR.

4) Connect a VCR to your Video output (requires something like an
Aver key box). Play the Powerpoint presentation and record it on the
VCR. Take the tape to your Channel One box and play it.

5) All you need is a device like a Scan-It which can connect your
computer to a VCR. Then connect this to your closed circuit, OR
videotape this presentation, and play it through the closed circuit.

6) Our school has purchsed a device called "TV View Gold." It is a
little box that connects to both the computer and the TV and
translates the computer image to the TV. There are three different
kinds with various features. The "Gold" works with both Windows and
Macs and even has a remote control. However, we have just received
this and don't know how well it works. We purchased it from
Educational Resources (www.edresources.com). Cost: around $189.95.

Again, thanks to you all - our most valuable source!   Judy

Judy Stewman,Librarian
De Queen High School
De Queen, Arkansas 71832

stewmanj@dqhs.dmsc.k12.ar.us