Dear Fellow LM_Netters,
I am a Teacher-Librarian in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  The Teacher-Librarians in
our division are meeting to plan an advocacy presentation to our School
Board Executives and Board.  As in many places, our Division is
entertaining a proposal which would staff our libraries with Library
Assistants as the first priority and Teacher-Librarians only if the school
population was over 300 and even then it would be only marginal.  The
Library Assistants are looking for job security and we support their
concerns but we will be advocating for the need for every school library to
have a Teacher-Librarian and a Library Assistant as both play very
necessary roles in an effective and vibrant Resource Centre.

If you have any thoughts, ideas, studies, quotes that you think might help
in our presentation, we would love to have them.  I will create a HIT with
the information I receive.

Thanks for your help!

Susan

   Susan Fonseca                Glenwood School (K-9)
   Teacher-Librarian            51 Blenheim Avenue
   <sfonseca@mbnet.mb.ca>       Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
   Fax # (204)256-0616          R2M 0H9

 "I will love the light for it shows me the way. Yet I will endure the darkness
  for it shows me the stars." -Og Mandino