Several people asked me to post a HIT to my findings about compiling
websites.

Many people responded to my question and I really appreciate it.  The
majority of people told me to paste into a word document or database.

I've summarized some of what I was told and others I pasted their message.

One suggestion was to go to http://www.ikeepbookmarks.com.  This looks like
a great resource, I just haven't had time to try it.

The suggestion I have used was to send myself an email with websites.  I cut
and paste into the same message over and over and keep resending it to
myself.  Then I just delete the old one.  It works great, especially until I
have time to try some of the other suggestions.

other ideas:
I just put the cursor on the URL and hold down the mouse button (right
botton if you don't have a Mac) and choose "Add bookmark" or "Add to
favorites".  Later I use the edit function in Bookmarks or Favorites and
organize them into catagoties such as Science or Literature.  With
Netscape, you could also click on the URL in the message, open the site in
your browser and the if you want to keep it, add to bookmarks.  I
assume you can do the same thing in Explorer.

My e-mail program allows me to save messages in separate "folders", so I
have one called "site messages" (isn't THAT original??! <gg>) and I save any
that I want there.

if you see a web address in an e-mail that is discussing something you are
interested in, go to the web site by clicking on the address if it is a
hyperlinked address.  If it is not a hyperlink, highlight the address by
placing your cursor (arrow) at the beginning or end of the address, press
the LEFT mouse button, hold it down and move it left or right until the
ENTIRE address is highlighted.
     At this point you can go to the EDIT menu at the top of your
screen, LEFT click, and LEFT click COPY or you can push and hold the CONTROL
key at the right or left of your keyboard and press the letter "C".  Either
way your address is now saved temporarily.  Now, click on your browser to
bring it to the front where you can see it. Place your cursor on the address
location and LEFT click once.  This should
highlight the URL in the box.  Hit delete on your keyboard.  The cursor
should be flashing on and off in the location box at the far left side.
Go to EDIT again and LEFT click "PASTE".  The URL you copied will
appear.  Press ENTER on your keyboard and the browser will take you to the
web page.
     Evaluate the webpage for its usefulness.  If it's no good, click
BACK and continue.  If you want to save the address, here's how. Next to the
location box is a button that is labeled "Bookmarks".  LEFT click on this.
It will open your bookmark file.  There is a HELP option on the
menu bar that I recomend you use to seek information about using this
feature.  It would take a long, long, long message to teach you here and
every browser a little different.