There has to be a happy balance somewhere between the Principal
saying "Oh, don't worry" and Coos Bay's policy. Jeff is right it is
overkill. Remember the discussion we had when the students were
suspended for pointing there fingers at each other and saying
'bang, bang"?

The problem is that over-exhuberance with water balloons and
water pistols and such *can* lead to serious consequences.

If books or computers are destroyed in Juli Harris's library, then I
hope the Principal will pay for replacements. But she can't stop the
fracas by herself.

Look at what happened in Florida last week. A student who was
disciplined for throwing water balloons came back and shot the first
authority figure who confronted him.

Are there any examples of schools that have found a way to keep
'senior-craziness' under control? Other than the two examples that
we have so far? Can the library play a part in keeping things under
control?

Dan Robinson
Indexing Services
H.W. Wilson Company