Here are answers received to my query on purchasing textbooks:

This answer came in a difficult to read form. So I have edited out
unreadable format and extraneous matter. Hope I have left in the useful
bits. I have posted it as a part 2.

These would be places to start.

http://hotbot.lycos.com/?MT=3Dtextbook&SM=3DMC&DV=3D0&LG=3Dany&DC=3D10&DE=3D=
2

1.  College textbooks : Buy new or used college textbooks and save on your
college College textbooks: Rent or Buy your New and Used textbooks online.
Simply the best way to buy your college textbooks.
http://www.studentmarket.com/studentmarket/textbooks.html

2.  Textbooks.com HomeSearch Browse Check Out Sign Up Students Faculty
Shipping FAQ Contact Us    Title Author Subject ISBN    Coming Soon...
Search questions?     Discounted new and used books=BF
http://www.textbooks.com

3.  College Textbooks - Compare Prices with NINE Textbook
SellersTextbookZONE.com A VarsityBooks.com Affiliate Find Required Books
for Your Schedule Save $10 on orders over $90 from this site until
2/29/2000 NOT valid on direct links to http://textbookzone.com

4.  New and Used College TextbooksSelect A Location Alabama Alaska Arizona
Arkansas California Canada Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of
Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho http://www.efollett.com

6.  Used Textbooks, from the TextbookSource.netHuge inventory of new and
used college textbooks, low prices, fast delivery.
http://www.textbooksource.net

7. TEXTBOOKSWe Work off West Coast Time. If you need to talk with us
directly call (818) 883-1212. Or you can e-mail us with your questions and
let us know what you need. One of us will get http://www.121textbooks.com

8.  StudentMarket.com : Quality products and services for college life,
includingThe premier source for new or used discounted college textbooks,
discounted academic software, student credit cards, dorm room furniture,
student loans, poof chairs, plush rugs, http://www.studentmkt.com

9.  Academic Press: TextbooksAcademic Press: Textbooks
http://www.apnet.com/textbook/textshop.htm

Ellen Beunderman
Consultant, Primary School Library of
The International School of Paris, France

Geneva, Switzerland
ellenb@iprolink.ch