As co-ordinator of this day, I'd like to alert you to this competition
proposed for ISLD 2001. If you could forward it to other apropirate lists
that you belong to so we can spread the message, that would be magic.

If you need any further information, please contact Olga directly.

International School Libraries Day will be Monday, October 22, 2001 at the
beginning of Children's Week.

Cheers
Barbara

SPECIAL ADVANCE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2001!
I am Olga Gromova, Editor-in-Chief of Biblioteka v Shkole [The School
Library], a Moscow-based fortnightly newspaper. I am writing to tell you
that we have produced a special issue dedicated to the International School
Library Day 2000.
For 2001, we decided to go ahead with the "A Day in the Life" idea and
announced a photographic competition in our newspaper, inviting amateur
photographs from all over the world to depict school librarians' everyday
activities; single shots or series of photographs (up to six) are accepted.
The submission deadline is 1 March (as indicated by the postmark). Authors
should send their pictures by mail rather than via the Internet, because
they do not come out right when printed. The judges of the competition will
be important figures in the professional communities of educators and
photojournalists. Awards are not going to be either big or expensive, but
we shall try to make them entertaining. The best contributions will appear
on the IASL Web site in 2001.
More information will be available shortly.
Olga Gromova
Editor-in-Chief, Biblioteka v Shkole, 4 Platovskaya Street, 121151 Moscow,
Russia
lib@1september.ru

Barbara Braxton
Teacher Librarian