Sometimes I think SHARE would be a nice heading for things we want to share
too!  Two things I came across this week:

I get these sayings with pictures every day(Daily Reflections) and sometimes
the picture goes with them and sometimes not but today's I thought was
related to our field!  The picture was pretty lame!!

Research is the process of going up alleys to see if they are blind.
- Marston Bates

I was able to find out by asking Jeeves that Marston Bates is:

American zoologist whose studies of mosquitoes in the 1930s and '40s
contributed greatly to the epidemiology of yellow fever in northern South
America.

The other announcement that I got on my "weird news of the day post"
yesterday is that:

TODAY'S SIGN THE WORLD IS ENDING
   Mr. Rogers is hanging up his sweater for the last time.
   The soft-spoken TV host who has taught generations of young children
that life isn't all bad says he will end the 33-year run of "Mr.
Rogers' Neighborhood" at the conclusion of the 2000-2001 season.
   The announcement by the 71-year-old Fred Rogers likely would've been
front-page news were it not for the on-going election coverage.
   Rogers is the creator-host of the longest-running children's program
on public TV. But don't look for him to rest on his laurels. He plans
to continue his brand of quiet education on Web sites, in publications
and through his work with museums.
   (Thanks to UPI's Dennis Daily in Los Angeles)

Heidi Rawson-Ketchum, Librarian
Un-named-Prison/Branch District-Public
Both in Coldwater, MI
rawsonkehl@cbpu.com

IF it says:
"PASS THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW...."
Please Check it before you send it at one or more of the following:

http://urbanlegends.about.com
http://www.vmyths.com/
http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html
www.snopes.com