I agree, some of it is either sappy, preachy, or just plain bad.
I like to have some Frank Perretti for my Stephen King readers.
I also like the Thoene's books.  They tend to be historical fiction.
The Zion Chronicles were pretty good, about the founding of
Israel, with some honest views of politics and religion.  I'm still
looking for good Christian adult mystery books.  I guess I'll have
to stick to the ones written by priests and nuns.
********************************
I have read two of Frank Pereti's books (This Present Darkness
and The Visitation).  I enjoyed both very much.  Also, Francine
Rivers is considered Christian Fiction.  (I read the Last Sin
Eater) and liked it.
*********************************
There are several very good authors in this genre.  The Cheney
Duvall series by Lynn Morris is very good.  My personal favorites
are the Zion Chronicles and Zion Legacy series by Bodie Thoene.
I read this genre for personal enjoyment, and all the above
mentioned books would be appropriate for teens to read.
*********************************
Booklist periodically publishes a Christian fiction section.
*********************************
This list from FICTION_L
(http://www.webrary.org/rs/FLbklist1.html#ChristianYA)
may be of interest to you.
Alcorn, Randy C. - Deadline
Andrews, Gini - Esther
Arvin, Reed - The Wind in the Wheat
Bacher, June Masters - Heartland Heritage series,
--Journey to Love series,
--Love is a Gentle Stranger series,
--Love's Soft Whisper series
Baer, Judy - Live from Brentwood High,
--Cedar River Daydreams series (ages 14 - 17)
Balizet, Carol - Plague
Bell, Katherine - Jonathan's Journey
Bell, Martin - Wolf
Bergren, Lisa Tawn - Treasure
Burkett, Larry - The Illuminati, The Thor Conspiracy
Cash, Johnny - The Man in White
Dolan, David - Code of Honor
Edwards, Gene - The Birth
Feldhake, Susan G. - The Enduring Faith series
Fischer, John - The Saints' and Angels' Song
Funderbunk, Robert - The Innocent Years series
Gilge, Jeannette - Never Miss a Sunset Pioneer Family series
Glover, Ruth - Wild Rose Trilogy
Gramm, Kent - Claire
Gunn, Robin Jones - Secrets,
--Sierra Jensen series,
--the Christie Miller series
Hamilton, Jane - The Book of Ruth
Hand, Bill - The One Prince
Heatherly, Joyce Landorf - He Began With Eve
Hickman, Patricia - Land of the Far Horizons series
Hoff, B. J. - The Emerald Ballad series
Huggins, James Byron - Leviathan, The Reckoning
Hunt, Angela Elwell - The Theyn Chronicles
Johnson, Margaret - After the Storm
Karon, Jan - At Home in Mitford
Kelly, Clint - The Landing Place,
---The Lost Kingdom
Killinger, John - Jesse
Lawhead, Stephen - The Dragon King trilogy (ages 14+)
Locke, Thomas - The Omega Network
McCasland, Dave - Pinstripe Parables
MacDonald, Shari - Forget Me Not
McGuire, Barry - In the Midst of Wolves
Massie, Bob - Mortal Intent
Maynard, Roy - .38 Caliber
Meier, Paul - The Third Millennium
Murray, Katherine - Jake
Myers, Bill - Forbidden Doors series) (ages 13+),(an
    alternative to the Goosebumps, Stine & Pike books)
Page, Carole Gift - Mist over Morro Bay,
---The House on Honeysuckle Lane
Parker, Gary - Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
Peart, Jane - The Brides of Montclair Series,
--Orphan Train Series,
--Westward Dreams series
Peiffer, Lila - The Secrets of the Roses,
---Rosehaven
Peretti, Frank - This Present Darkness,
---Piercing the Darkness
Quayle, Marilyn - The Campaign
Rao, Linda Rae - Eagle Wing series
Rushford, Patricia H. - the Jennie McGrady series
Schaap, James Calvin - In the Silence There are Ghosts
Shands, Linda - Seasons Remembered series
Shaw, Lou - Honor Thy Son
Snelling, Lauraine - An Untamed Land,
---The Golden Filly series (ages 12 -15)
Stallsmith, Audrey - The Body They May Kill
Willis, Paul - No Clock in the Forest
Wise, Robert - All That Remains,
---The Scrolls of Edessa,
---People of the Covenant series

Various Authors - Spring Song series (Bethany House Pubs)
Dawn Sardes
YA Librarian
Euclid Public Library
Euclid, OH 44123