I work in a Christian school and do buy a number of Christian books.
Stephen Lawhead is an excellent author and has written several series.  He
is fantasy and science fiction.  For younger kids the Wally McDoogle series:
My life as ........ are funny they are by Bill Myers.  Fred Katz writes a
series called Spine Chillers that is a Christian alternative to Goosebumps.
I would advise going to a Christian book store in your area and getting a
feel for some good series.  The girls like a series called Mandie but I
refuse to buy then because they are so poorly written.   The Mitford Series
by Jan Karon is also excellent.  There is also a forbidden doors series by
bill myers that the older kids really enjoy.    I am at home so I can't
recall some of the others I buy, but if you are interested e-mail be back
personally and I will dig up so more names and titles.  Good luck, I know
there is some really pathetic Christian literature out there, but there are
also some good ones.
*****************************
Check some titles at christianbook.com and read reviews in
Amazon... that's usually what I do. They have a great
selection of fiction and nonfiction....
*******************************
Both Booklist and Library Journal have been reviewing Brock
and Bodie Thoene's Christian fiction materials.  We have
purchased a number of them to meet this demand in our high
school.  They have series such as The Zion Chronicles and
The Shiloh Legacy.
*********************************
Bethany House is one of the biggest publishers of Christian
historical fiction.  There are numerous series available, set in
various places and times.  While conversion experiences may
not be high on your list, these are after all Christian books and
it would stand to reason that the basics of the faith would be included.

NOTE FROM ME: I did not intend to imply that I have a problem with
conversions.  My son  converted to Catholicism at the age of
12, with my blessing.  I disliked the conversions that were
depicted in a series about 2 young teens outsmarting the
Nazis to save Jews because  of the way it detracted from
the evil perpetuated by that monstrous regime and, in that
context, made it seem as though the Jews deserved what
was being done to them.  I apologize if my words gave the
impression that I was dismissing conversion out of hand.
***************************************
I cannot speak for general teen interest, because I am at a regional
center and once removed from student reading selection...however(!)
I have an angelic 17 year old and a challenging 16 year old, both of
whom thoroughly enjoyed Jan Karon's Mitford books on tape. Both
girls have since elected to actually read the books as well. There
are five in the series (At Home in Mitford, A Light in the Window,
These High Green Hills, Out to Canaan, and A New Song) and
they are comforting reading without preaching.

Bachelor and Episcopalian Father Tim Kavanaugh is well-loved
by most of his  Mitford parish; is taken by surprise when an
attractive author moves next door; acquires a big, black, stray
mutt that obeys commands best when they are accompanied
with a scripture citation (hilarious); adopts a seemingly
unloveable boy and finds whole new windows on the world of
the people he is called to serve. I personally am skeptical and
uncomfortable with the Tim LaHaye "Left Behind" stuff, and find
Jan Karon a wonderful refuge from such hard-hitting "Christian"
fiction.
***********************************
Booklist from ALA in Chicago has had some special features
reviewing Christian/religious teen fiction.  I bought some a
few years ago, have never really checked to see if they were
ever used.
*************************************
Frank Peretti (SP?) This present darkness, and a sequel and
The oath- are all excellent Christian fiction must reads.
**************************************
f you get suggestions- I would love a hit.  I am at a middle school,
and have had specific requests for "Christian" books-
a few I know I would recommend:
Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
All books by Janette Oke (pioneer stories, for young women)
Also- I just found on my shelf a book called "Great Books of the
Christian Tradition" by Terry Glaspey.   I found these novels listed
(most of which are too advanced for middle school.)
The Brothers Karamazov
Gulliver's Travels
Anna Karenina
Les Miserables
Jane Eyre
The Brothers K, Duncan
Huckleberry Finn
Power and the Glory, Greene
Second Coming, Percy
Cancer Ward, Solzhenitsyn
Also, another approach: if you know any home schoolers,
ask for some of their catalogs, or search the web on
homeschooling.  They often have recommended lists.
Several authors of some good Christian fiction are as follows:
Lori Wick,Gilbert Morris, Mary Christner Borntrager,Janette Oke,
Hilda Stahl, Lois Walfrid Johnson.
There really isn't much in the way of YA Christian Fiction. The only other
possibility would be the Mandie series by Lois Gladys Leppard (but it would
only work for really young YAs; it's more juvenile).

Some of the adult authors work fine: Janette Oke, Bodie Thoene (has Jewish
themes and *doesn't* convert to Christianity), Brock Thoene, Stephen Bly,
Kathy Tyers (Firebird series is science fiction; excellent trilogy!), and
there are many more.

Booklist publishes a Christian Fiction column 5-6 times a year; Library
Journal publishes one in the Nov.1, Feb. 1, April 1, June 1 and Sept. 1
issues. Also, you might visit the Over the Shoulder archives located at my
website (www.bookdragonreview.com); Greg Slade reviewed quite a bit
of Christian fiction/science fiction/fantasy that would appeal to teens.
Bethany House publishes the Gilbert Morris books which combine history
(practically from the beginning of time!! - no seriously, from the Mayflower
or thereabouts) and mild religion. He does not hit you over the head with
it. I believe his daughter, Lynn, is now also authoring some of the books.

The other author is Janette Oke, which is also historical fiction, with some
religion. My students really like them for the historical, romantic aspects.
I figure whatever else they pick up from them is a bonus.

I know there are others in their publishing house, but those are two who
come to mind. Jan Karon may be another one.
Dawn Sardes
YA Librarian
Euclid Public Library
Euclid, OH 44123