This is about the legal problem my relative had.  He purchased software on
YAHOO! and it was bootlegged.  He didn't install it but the guy who sold it
was arrested and kept records.  Lawyer contacted him and he has to pay a fine
imposed by the software company or be sued.  (Very short explanation.)
He did contact a lawyer who told him to ignore it, as many of you did.  He
paid the fine this weekend because he feared that the cost of fighting it
would be more than the cost of the fine (which was more than $999.00).  He
had to sign a confidentiality agreement so I can't give you the names of the
lawyers, software company, etc., but I do appreciate all of your responses.
BTW, for those I didn't respond to personally, I did go online and check out
the lawyers-pioneers in the field of copyright infringement and represent
famous people, and I found the article about the man being sentenced for
selling the software.  Some thought the whole thing was a scam (as did I at
first).  But it was no scam.  It was probably a big bluff, but he didn't want
to risk calling the bluff.
Hope this isn't too confusing to those just joining in.  And I am sorry for
the late response.  Just got back from a Labor Day weekend trip to Helen, GA
and I didn't want to return:-)
Jeanna Dennis, LMS
C.F.Hard Elementary
Bessemer, AL