Hi everyone! Thanks for your responses to my web page dilema.    I have never
posted a hit before, but I had requests to see my hits.  Here they are.
Thanks

Teresa Northup, LMS
Kerr Jr. High, Del City, OK
Okie tea@aol.com

HTML is cross platform.  Disks to take it from Mac to a PC are not.  I would
save the pages as HTML and e-mail them to myself as attachments to go from the
Mac to the PC.

    I cannot give a definitive answer relative to the compatability of Front
Page
& Pagemill.  I do know that HTML tags are handled a bit differently from Web
editor to Web editor and from browser to browser.  As you are going back &
forth
between the two, you are likely to find that a few things change and a few may
even fall apart in the process.  Depending on the age of the two programs and
the
types of coding embedded in the pages (i.e. have you used Java Script, Java,
etc.), there may be some parts that one of the two may not be able to read.

    If it turns out that switching results in a lot of problems, I would
probably
avoid trying to go back & forth between two.  It would be one thing to switch
from one to the other & fix and ensuing problems once.  It would be another
to do
it over & over.

no such luck... I just came from scouring the Microsoft web site for FP in Mac
to no avail . . .
There is a version 1.1 that is out there, but they are probably having too
many
problems to even maintain the support . . .  I visited a couple of listserv
posts that did nothing but bash the Mac version of FP.  Everyone tried to get
others to switch to some other program . . . which is what I would recommend
if
it isn't too much trouble for you . . .  I have many more successful versions
of originally Mac software running on my PC laptop (ClarisWorks for instance)
than I have known of originally PC software running successfully on Macs . . .
if you know what I mean here!

I would try posting changes from FP to the web site and see if that works
before looking for any other software packages...  Open the web site under FP
and make the changes directly to the server, then close FP and open a browser
to view the changes you just made to see if they work...  then decide.

a couple of options come to mind . . . take all your web stuff to GoLive.  It
is the successor to PageMill and is available in both Macs and Windows
versions
. . .

OR... take all your web stuff to FrontPage ( I use it myself and love it... )
.
. . it is available in both versions (Mac and Windows) as well.

One more consideration, IF you are not using any of the fancy FrontPage-only
functions, you can ftp your site from FrontPage to the server and it will not
know the difference.  The underlying HTML is all the same . . . just some of
the fancy FrontPage to MS Internet Explorer functions won't work . . . not
sure
what they are...  I did have a computer-tech type tell me that my web site
didn't need the server extensions because it didn't use and fancy functions -
not sure if he was telling me the truth, they were trying to get me to move my
site to their server at the time . . . you know how that can work . . .  8-)
did it in CT.  The school used PageMill ... I used the FrontPage program from
home and posted changes to the school web site without a hitch - using ftp,
not
the publish function from FP . . .  In any case, your FrontPage HTML should
work on the server where your site currently resides ... ask your district
techies about it.

Microsoft makes a version of Front Page for the Mac, so you should be able to
import to your Mac from the PC.  If you are going to use Pagemill, then save
you
Front Page work as an HTML document and it should import into Pagemill.
Though
with any import you will have to check to see if it works on the new platform.

Hi,

You should be able to edit your webpage at home using
Adobepage mill. What you may want to do though is open
the page in Simple Text and edit it that
way--providing you know some html. You could also use
Netscape's editor to do it. I've found (although I
haven't used FrontPage) that most of these editing
programs will open items created in another program. I
used Netscape on a PC at home, emailed pages to myself
at school where I used a Mac with Claris HomePage, and
didn't have a problem with anything being opened
anywhere.

I have two items. First to answer your question. As long as you are saving
the fle or webpage as html it should of open in any composer program.  I
use Claris Homepage on a Mac, I also have opened the pages in PageMill,
Netscape Composer and Site Central. Hope this helps.