Here is the more "job description" one, more aimed at administration:

Just what do school librarians do all day?
Don't they have an easy job, just reading to kids and checking out books?

I am so glad you asked!  Of course my job in setting up our library is a
bit different now than it will be when we get all the systems up and
running.  Let me describe to you what goes into keeping your school library
ready to serve students and teachers.
Circulation
        The most visable part of the job is checking the books out and in
and it is only one part of the job of circulation.  Others include
assisting library users in finding the books they want, selecting
collections of books for teachers on a particular subject and tracking
overdue books.
Organization of Materials
        I am a firm believer that the way a library is organized is as
important as what is in the library.  If the students and teachers can't
find what they need, it doesn't matter what terrific books we have.  My
ongoing job is to look at the ways people use the library and find ways to
make it easier. I look at how the books are arranged, what kinds of signs
direct people to them, what ways books can be marked and what displays in
the library can alert people to what the library has.  I may decide that
few people will find a book where it is shelved and I'll give it a new call
number and location to make it more accessible and useable.  I'll plan
displays of books around themes to tell our users what hidden treasures
they can find in the library.
SELECTION
        While
Plan library budget
Selection and acquisition of materials
        evaluate exisiting collection to determine needs
        enlist faculty recommendations in evaluating and selecting materials
        read reviews and consult with other librarians
        evaluate and select print and nonprint materials
        prepare orders
        process incoming orders
        supervise preparation for shelves
Selection and ordering of library supplies

Administration
        Running the library involves supervising all volunteer help.  This
includes finding appropriate tasks for each volunteer, teaching them
OTHER
*Computer systems supervision
        Determine what we need the computer to do
        Figure out how to get it to do that
        Set up and run maintanence systems (such as backups)
        Be sure all staff and volunteers can do what they need to on the
catalog and circulation programs
Supervise volunteers
        train and supervise student volunteers
        train and supervise parent volunteers
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
Services to teachers
        Assist teachers in locating materials for their curriculum
        Compile special bibiographies for individual and class use
        Alert teachers to material of special interest to their classes
        Coordinate class library periods in conjunction with
                curriculum units and class assignments
Services to students
        Provide biweekly scheduled time for classes to select books
        Provide a daily time for any student to select books
        Assist students in book selection
        Give individual and class instruction in use of reference tools,
card            catalog, Dewey Decimal System and other library skills
        During scheduled class library periods, introduce classes to range
of library materials

Johanna Halbeisen, Teacher Librarian
Woodland Elementary School (preK-4)
80 Powder Mill Rd.