--MS_Mac_OE_3071503396_33517_MIME_Part

Hi All,
Baskin and Robbins is doing a "free scoop night" on
> May 2, from 6-10pm.  For every free scoop, they donate to First Book, an
> organization that gives books to needy children.  Since literacy is a big
> focus of this group, I thought it was something we could get behind--after
> all, we can get our chocolate fix for free and donate to a literacy
> organization to boot.  On the website, you can check to see if your local
> Baskin and Robbins is participating.  I checked the two closest to my home
> and both are participating.

FYI--Last year First Book distributed more than 4 million
> > books to hundreds of
> > thousands of low-income children and families in
> > more than 290 communities
> > nationwide. In each of these communities First Book
> > Local Advisory Boards
> > provide an ongoing supply of new books to children
> > participating in existing
> > tutoring, mentoring, and family literacy programs
> > based in Head Start
> > centers, shelters for battered and abused children,
> > housing project
> > initiatives, soup kitchens, after-school groups, and
> > other community-based
> > programs reaching low-income children.

For more information
--
Molly Pearson, Librarian
Lakewood Elementary and English Crossing Libraries

--MS_Mac_OE_3071503396_33517_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Free Ice Cream for Literacy</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hi All,<BR>
<TT>Baskin and Robbins is doing a &quot;free scoop night&quot; on<BR>
&gt; May 2, from 6-10pm. &nbsp;For every free scoop, they donate to First B=
ook, an<BR>
&gt; organization that gives books to needy children. &nbsp;Since literacy =
is a big<BR>
&gt; focus of this group, I thought it was something we could get behind--a=
fter<BR>
&gt; all, we can get our chocolate fix for free and donate to a literacy<BR=

&gt; organization to boot. &nbsp;On the website, you can check to see if yo=
ur local<BR>
&gt; Baskin and Robbins is participating. &nbsp;I checked the two closest t=
o my home<BR>
&gt; and both are participating.<BR>
<BR>
FYI--Last year First Book distributed more than 4 million<BR>
&gt; &gt; books to hundreds of<BR>
&gt; &gt; thousands of low-income children and families in<BR>
&gt; &gt; more than 290 communities<BR>
&gt; &gt; nationwide. In each of these communities First Book<BR>
&gt; &gt; Local Advisory Boards<BR>
&gt; &gt; provide an ongoing supply of new books to children<BR>
&gt; &gt; participating in existing<BR>
&gt; &gt; tutoring, mentoring, and family literacy programs<BR>
&gt; &gt; based in Head Start<BR>
&gt; &gt; centers, shelters for battered and abused children,<BR>
&gt; &gt; housing project<BR>
&gt; &gt; initiatives, soup kitchens, after-school groups, and<BR>
&gt; &gt; other community-based<BR>
&gt; &gt; programs reaching low-income children.<BR>
<BR>
For more information<BR>
&gt; &gt; on Free Scoop Night, or to find the participating<BR>
&gt; &gt; store nearest you please<BR>
&gt; &gt; visit www.firstbook.org or www.baskinrobbins.com.<BR>
</TT>-- <BR>
Molly Pearson, Librarian<BR>
Lakewood Elementary and English Crossing Libraries<BR>
Lakewood School District, Lakewood, WA &nbsp;(north of Seattle)<BR>
mapearso@gte.net<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3071503396_33517_MIME_Part--