Hello-
I am taking a class this summer that is asking us to look at the way lessons
are designed and about collaboration.  Our instructor has asked us to talk
to other school librarians. If you would like to, could you please respond
to me personally about the following:

Stage One:
-The librarian inquiries what type of materials/information resources would
be helpful to a teacher/client
-Help a teacher/client locate materials or for the learner to use
-Be helpful to teacher/client and learners as they use the materials

Stage Two:
-The librarian realizes that much frustration could be avoided using
information technology if better planning were done with the teacher/client
-The librarian and teacher/client plan together before the instructional
experience begins
-Given time, better materials and better activities for using those
materials are designed
-The teacher/client and the librarian work together as the materials and
information technologies are used by the learners.

Stage Three:
-The Librarian and the teacher/client form a partnership - an instructional
design team
-Together, as colleagues, they plan, execute, and evaluate an instructional
sequence ( a unit of instruction, a learning module, an inservice training
program, a training modular, an entire course of instruction)
-The Librarian takes responsibility along with the teacher/client to help
learners master content and process (information literacy, the research
process)

What are your view about the three roles described briefly above? Where do
you feel you are on the continum? Any further comments?

Thank you in advance.  I misread our assignment and should have asked these
questions some time ago.

Terri Bucklin