Thanks to all of you who responded to my request for bookmarks--I received
many answers.
1. Several people suggested that I use Microsoft Publisher, Page Maker,
Corel, Print House, or Print Shop. Use the "landscape" layout and divide
into 3-4 columns and decorate as desired. Many of you have the students make
bookmarks after they have read a book Some of you use them for book lists or
reading suggestions.
2. http://www.teach-nology.com/web_tools/materials/bookmarks allows you to
make bookmarks using a reading slogan and some cute graphics.
3. The Bookmark Book by Carol S. Brodie is available from Libraries
Unlimited
4. You can also use the die cut machine in your building if you have one.
One person suggested using the die cuts for the bookmarks and then printing
out the desired information on a contrasting colored paper and attach to
bookmark with rubber cement.
5. DEMCO has bookmarks that are reproducible.
I ended up using PrintShop Deluxe. I used the pamphlet/brochure layout with
4 columns and printed the bookmarks on cardstock.This program allows you to
print on the back and front, as well as providing a large variety of
decorative elements. On the bookmark,  I put the LMC's mission statement,
library hours, my name and my aide's, services offered, and library
procedures. It also includes a picture of our mascot, a jaguar, and a
reading slogan. I plan to laminate them, punch holes in the top, and attach
a piece of yarn or ribbon.
Sabra Mischel, Library Media Teacher
Manual Jara Elementary
Fort Worth, Texas