At 12:47 AM -0600 12/08/2001:
Good Morning!
Just wanted to update LM_NET people who might be interested regarding
the efforts to locate the brother of a woman in Florida who is in a
coma.

The good news is the brother -- Carlos -- has been located.  He
called from Colombia this a.m. indicating that he had heard that
someone in the USA was looking for him.  Not getting an answer to his
sister's phone (she's the one in the coma) he did call my brother
(the woman's ex-husband).  More details will come when he arrives in
the USA.

Very importantly I want to publicly thank  Tom Rompf -- a LMS in
Colombia and by chance a fellow Iowan, who made many phone calls our
our behalf in the Bucaramanga area.; Nancy Garabed (?) who was
working with a colleague whose spouse was from Bucaramanga; and Karen
DeFrank who found information and conveyed it by phone immediately to
both my brother and myself.
Unrelated to LM_NET but important none-the-less was information about
search services, newspapers who would "advertise" for lost people --
that came from the webmaster of a University in Colombia.  We are all
so very busy and it is with admiration that I recognize that these
four people, in particular, took the time to help and encourage.  I
have written each a note but wanted to let the world know what fine
people are in our midsts.

Together the word was apparently "out" and Carlos did call.  So thank
you in particular to my professional colleagues that actively helped
in the search and to the many of you who sent personal notes that
buoyed our spirits and encouraged us.  You are not less appreciated.

Patricia is still in a coma but we are told that was not unexpected
considering the circumstances.

Sincerely,
--
Sharron L. McElmeel <mailto:mcelmeel@mcelmeel.com>